All students are encouraged to join UNM student organizations and their national affiliates because they offer valuable support, educational and professional opportunities, as well as social outlets.
Students meet new friends and have fun, explore career options, and develop interpersonal skills. Students involved in organizations report that they are more marketable because employers consider their campus involvement and leadership experience.
See organizations affiliated with:
Organizations Affiliated with Engineering Student Services
Students don't have to be part of an ethnic or minority group to participate, and the organizations accept students from other schools and colleges.
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES)
- Engineers Without Borders (EWB)
- Hispanic Engineering and Science Organization (HESO)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
For more information, contact Engineering Student Services at (505) 277-4354.
Organizations Affiliated with School of Engineering Departments
Chemical and Nuclear Engineering
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AICHE) (Contact: Dr. Elizabeth Dirk, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- American Nuclear Society (ANS) (Contact: Dr. Robert Busch, email@example.com)
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BES) (Contact: Dr. Heather Canavan, firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information, contact the ChNE department at (505) 277-3112.
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Associated General Contractors (AGC)
- Chi Epsilon, National Civil Engineering Honor Society
- The Institute of Transportation Engineering (ITE)
For more information, contact the CE department at (505) 277-2722.
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Computer Science Graduate Association (CSGSA)
For more information, contact the CS department at (505) 277-5431.
Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Chinese Student Friendship Association (CSFA)
- Eta Kappa Nu, National Electrical & Computer Engineering Honor Society
- Electrical & Computer Engineering Graduate Student Association (ECE GSA)
- Indian Student Association (ISA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
For more information, contact the ECE department at (505) 277-2436.
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Association of Energy Engineers (AEE)
- LOBO Motorsports
- Mechanical Engineering Graduate Association (MEGA)
- Pi Tau Sigma, International Mechanical Engineering National Honor Society
For more information, contact the ME department at (505) 277-2761.
UNM Student Organizations
For more information about student activities at UNM, see the Student Activities Center web page: http://www.unm.edu/~sac/. You can see see a list of student organizations here https://unm-community.symplicity.com/index.php?s=student_group.